After putting Marked One away, I decided to work on a Mirabilia for a while, so I pulled out Scent of Old Roses. I've always loved this chart, but I hated the brown in her dress and for that reason put off stitching it for a long time. But then I decided to do a color conversion a year or so ago, and happily started her, only to find myself not pleased with the result (you can see a pic of her over on the right side).
I thought that tucking her away for a while might change my mind, but I'm still not happy with the colors...so far I've just made a few changes, but it doesn't look right to me. I think the deep red in her bodice is the problem. Even though 814 is my second favorite DMC shade (500 is my first), I think it clashes with the blue. So, after working on her for a whopping one hour, I realized I was going to have to frog all the red I'd stitched, and since I'm feeling particularly lazy and self-indulgent, I tossed her back in the WIP box and pulled out Fairy Flora instead. I think my brain's just not up to dealing with a color conversion right now. Plus, when I looked at my stitching notebook (I keep track of all my stitching hours), I realized with horror that Fairy Flora has been a WIP for !!! SIX !!! years. Gah. Maybe I'll finish her this year...
Thank you Andrea and Merry Christmas to all!
1 year ago