Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Cross Stitch ornament issue

I ordered this a while back, and just recently looked through it. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed - there are only a few charts in here that I'm interested in stitching, and it really seems to me as if some of the designers just sort of recycle their old designs every year. And many of the 'ornaments' are really way too big for a regular tree ornament (in my opinion, anything over 4" is too big...one of the ornaments is over 6" long!!).

I tend to get annoyed when stitchers gripe about this or that designer, since my feeling is usually that if you don't like c chart, the easiest solution is to just not stitch it, but this is not the first time I've been disappointed in the JCS ornament issue and it really seems to me that they could make a bit more of an effort to have truly top-rate, gorgeous ornament charts. I know I'm not the only one to look forward to this issue each year, but one or two more disappointments and I'm going to stop buying it.

So this isn't a completely grumpy post, I will say that I DO like their new layout, where the charts for each section appear immediately after the photos; this seems more organized to me. And there are some good designs included - such as Oh Christmas Tree (Charlotte's Web Needlework), the adorable Santa's Buddies (Angel Stitchin) and Christmas '09 Stamp (Jeannette Douglas). But most of them are just...blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment