Monday, August 30, 2010

soapy stuff

Today's a fabric-dyeing day; hooray! I have two custom pieces to do, both for HAED designs. I'll post pics of the fabric when it's done (if I don't forget, which these days is highly likely, alas). I've been enjoying hand-painting fabrics to match backgrounds...it's different from my usual low-water immersion technique, and a little harder, but it makes me feel all artistic and creative and such.

Over the weekend, I finally got around to playing with my soapy stuff again. I made some oatmeal hand-milled soaps that didn't turn out so great (I think my base soap was a little old - maybe that was the problem?), and also tried my hand at making solid sugar scrubs, which were not only fun to make but also turned out great! At least, I think they did. I've already put them in my eclecticgarden etsy shop -- here are pics:



Vanilla Spice Sugar Scrub Cubes





Lavender Jumbo Sugar Scrub Spheres


As always, I really really wish there were more hours in the day...

Now off to start on the fabric, before Kate wakes up from her nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment